Monday 28 May 2018

"But why would I want a yard?"

Before I had a yard of my own, I had no clue why I'd ever want one. I mean, our block of flats had a common yard, free for everyone to hang out in, with swings and jungle gyms for the kids and big swathes of lawn for the adults to lie on blankets and get a tan. Going outside with the kids was a bit of a chore sometimes, to be honest, and I managed to sit or lie outside reading maybe a total of ten times in fourteen years, but still--there's nothing to do outside, I thought.
Now that we have our very own yard, though--how different everything is! I could sit outside all day. On Saturday I fell asleep on the lawn for half an hour, not even on a blanket or anything (I just had to lie down because the grass was so cool and green and, well, oops). On Sunday we grilled yummy food and sat with a friend for hours, talking and feeling peaceful.
I'm so happy we took the chance and moved here.

No comments:

Post a Comment