Monday 1 April 2019

More spring greenery

This spring is very different from last year. A year ago I was still waiting for the snows to melt, and after they did I had to clear the flowerbeds of a layer of slimy brown plant matter. This year, I'm busy wondering if the greenery that the melting snows reveal will just carry on from where it left off in the autumn, seeing as it looks completely alive!

The front yard is still covered in snow, though.



But in the back yard, everything is pushing up through the soil.

I'm astonished to find that these things survived the winter!
They're potted hydrangeas I was given last year and planted
"temporarily" just to see what would happen.

Woodsquill (Scilla siberica, idänsinililja).

Daylilies.

Daffodils.

Crocuses are cropping up all over the lawn
because hey, that's where I planted them!

The skunk currant (lamoherukka) is putting forth leaves.
Yesterday I very inexpertly trimmed two crabapple trees, but left the sourcherry alone because we returned Mr Thumb's dad's handy extensible trimmers and I couldn't reach the branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment