Friday 22 June 2018

Dead things, or Should v. want

I'm doing my best to follow my new, self-valuing guideline "if it's dead or it otherwise stinks, just get rid of it", and attacked the greensplosion flowerbed from the previous post. I took out most of the phlox stalks that stuck out among the alchemillas, partly because they were catching the wind and bringing all the other plants down with them but mostly because they just looked out of place there. I trimmed the left side of the bed until it's nicely separated from the next one and the front until I could see the edge of the grass. I didn't have the supports to prop up the long stalks of the other plants. I'm still considering whether to keep that bed as it is over this summer or whether to pull everything up now.
Before

After


No comments:

Post a Comment