Thursday 21 June 2018

New stuff

I'm on my way out to buy some more plants. It's really hard to stick to the plan of sitting out the first year and watching the garden develop! For example, this bit:

None of these are my favourite plants and the whole spot is just a mess! I don't know how to tidy up the monster flowerbed on the right, since it's got three or four plants mixed together (some might be milkweed, but I like milkweed so I'm letting them be, especially since I'm not sure). As far as the bushes on the right (that I can't ID just now and can't be bothered to google, though it's a really common plant) are concerned, they're really not my ideal plants. I'd like to dig up the lot and replace them with something a bit more, well, less bushy.
But for now I'm just going to stick to buying a few pots and things and plopping flowers in them. For example, a square planter with legs filled with bright colours would go great in the corner of the front yard where grass tends not to grow:


By the way, is anyone able to identify that bush in the foreground? It shows no signs of flowering and every sign of not being pruned earlier. I'm thinking that eventually we could dig that up and have a big planter with a kitchen garden full of herbs there.

No comments:

Post a Comment